Fastrack Reflex Fitness Band Online Fastrack Reflex Fitness Band Community Forums Reflex Basics – All you need to know about the Reflex Band Pedometer Calculating steps when travelling on Bike/car& just for hand movement

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  AwkwrdPotatoo 3 months ago
  • Teja Miryala
    Participant
    @teja_miryala

Hi Team,

I bought the fastrack reflex a week ago. I found that the pedometer is calculating and considering it as steps when I’m driving a car or bike by simply moving the hand.
    I also found that by sitting in a place if we move our hand as we are running the pedometer is treating it as running and calculating it as steps taken on that day.

Please need a solution to this Problem.

Abhishek Sharma
    Participant
    @abhishek_sharma

Facing the same issue. This is a basic requirement for a tracker and it should be resolved

Reflex
    Keymaster
    @reflexadmin

Hey guys,

All Activity trackers measure steps when your hand moves. This is how the accelerometer sensors work. The steps measured in your daily bike rides should be discounted to give you an actual measure of your activity.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Reflex.
    Abhishek Sharma
    Participant
    @abhishek_sharma

Hi Thanks for your response.

If this is the case, in case i am riding my bicycle, will the tracker record my activity? Since i m not moving my hands, but moving my legs.

In ideal scenario, i record my bicycle rides using strava, which pushes the data to my iPhone health app. If the reflex starts reading data from iPhone health app, wouldn’t it make more sense.

Thanks
    Abhishek

AwkwrdPotatoo
    Participant
    @awkwrdpotatoo

@abhishek_sharma
    Try going into settings and changing the stride length I set it as 100
    It’s now calculating pretty efficiently and hand movements are not noticed …. I don’t know about bike/scooter
    Hope this helps
    Regards ,
    Shrey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.